Check here for information about what is happening in our community, including events and messages from area organizations. If you would like anything to be listed here, please email email@example.com.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is looking for volunteers to help with registration and other day-of activities during their annual golf outting on August 14th.
For more information, please contact Big Brothers Big Sisters at 920-684-7445.
KAN Cool for School, a non-profit organization that holds a school supply giveaway event annually for economically disadvantaged children in Manitowoc County, is looking for volunteers to help with set up on August 17th and with day-of activities on August 18th. You can register to volunteer at http://www.volunteersignup.org/AAYRK.
InCourage is looking for volunteers to help with their Trivia Night on Sun, Sept 9th from 7-10pm.
Please use the following link http://signup.com/go/KbwQMyP to sign up. You just review the options listed on the link and choose the spot(s) you like. Know that SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone.
Administration & clerical volunteer position available
Location: 818 Washington Street, Manitowoc
This opportunity is appropriate for ages 14 years +
Times/Dates: Monday – Wednesday 10am – 2pm, Thursday & Friday 2pm – 5pm
Contact: Katherym Feo 920.717.0706 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more or to sign up as a volunteer contact Kelly DenBoer at 920-467-1800 or by email at email@example.com.
– Patient Care Visits: Volunteers work directly with hospice patients by giving the gift of companionship to our patients and families by: Social visits, quiet presence, respite care for families, light housekeeping, running errands, reading, walks or wheelchair rides and laughs.
– No One Dies Alone/Compassionate Vigil: Compassionate Vigil Volunteer are a part of our No One Dies Alone program and offer support and a comforting presence ensuring that patients at the end of life are never alone by providing a quiet, compassionate presence, companionship or respite to family members with a comforting touch, a listening ear to a patient in their final stages of life
– Pet Therapy: companionship and comfort visits with a certified therapy pet
– Cosmetologist: provide haircuts, nail care and other grooming services to our hospice patients.
– Spa Services: Volunteer care for patients though Manicures, Massage Therapy (License required), Haircuts (Cosmetology License required)
– We Honor Veterans: help recognize veterans with veteran-specific ceremonies and/or provide social visits and companionship to a veteran hospice patients
– Music Therapy: Volunteers enhance the patients experience through playing instruments or singing.
There are many ways to help as a hospice volunteer and we will work with you to find the right fit for your unique interests and skills.
-Provide patient support and offer a smile and companionship, share stories, play games or read aloud.
-Offer support for the family by helping around the house or providing respite care so caregivers can get out of the house knowing their loved one is well cared for.
-Certified or specially trained professionals can provide specialized services such as play music, pet therapy, give hair-cuts etc.
-Utilize our buddy system and volunteer with a spouse, friend or companion.
All it takes is a big heart, a little time and a giving spirit.
Training is provided
Contact Miranda at Miranda.Gage@Aurora.org or call 920-412-6359 with any questions.
Visit Aurora.org/AuroraAtHome for more information and to apply.
1 Hamilton Dr.
Two Rivers, WI 54241
Atrium Post Acute Care, a senior living facility in Two Rivers formerly called Hamilton Home, is looking for volunteers to take part in meaningful activities and visit one-on-one with residents. Training is provided by Atrium staff to all volunteers. Different times and opportunities are available weekly Monday – Sunday. Contact Colleen Machut at 793-2261, ext. 113 or TRPAC-Recreation@atriumhsl.com for more information.